Back to main categories
Books, CDs and DVDs that MJ Recommends
- Shambhala Encyclopedia of Yoga -
- WHO DIES -
- Yoga as Medicine -
- The Way of Qigong -
- Women's Qigong for Health and Longevity -
- The Healing Labyrinth - Are you wanting to create your own labyrinth? This beautifully illustrated book is a guide and helps you get the process going. Also a relaxing informative read
- Yoga Nidra The Meditative Heart of Yoga by Richard Miller, Ph.D. - This sounds true gem includes a CD with guided Yoga Nidra exercises. Richard's indepth non-dual teachings shine through this user friendly manual.
- The Scapel and the Soul - A Harvard-educated neurosurgeon reveals his remarkable experiences in and out of the operating room. I read this book in one day, cozy on the couch in front of a roaring fire. The experience was both touching and affirming.
- Kripalu Yoga by Richard Faulds - Richard Faulds is joined by Senior Teachers of Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health in this guide to practice on and off the mat. Great Photographs, teachings, poetry and yoga stories.
A glimpse into the "Kripalu Experience"
of yoga and well-=being
- The Fall of Freddie the Leaf -
- A Path with Heart -
- Yoga Nidra/2009 Re-print -
- Yoga For Depression by Amy Weintraub - Amy tells her own story of depression in this beautifully written book. The practices she offers come directly from her own experience and the heartfelt stories she tells of students and friends.
- EFT for Back Pain -
- The Breathing Book by Donna Farhi - This book is a practical guide to good health and vitality through breath work.
Her anatomy of breathing has great illustrations and descriptions of the breathing process. A must read for students who want to embody the breath in their yoga poses.
- The Secret Power of Yoga by Nischala Joy Devi - This bood captures a feminine approach to the Yoga Sutras. This new interpretation is beautifully presented with real life
western experiences to document these ancient teachings.
- Energy Medicine -
- Healing with Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford - This book is one of my most valued nutrition and kitchen references. Paul discusses different approaches to eating healthy whole foods and shares recipes as well as holistic approaches to healing using the food you eat.